Why The Travelling Souk?
- We offer our stallholders a distinct, growing retail avenues with our online site.
- We aim to be accessible in person by email or phone and are totally flexible.
- We have been responsive to the current economic growth forecast; our 2013 fees are lower, our website joining fees* maintained and our commission rates very competitive compared to other online marketplaces.
*Our online fee is a one off lifetime membership fee.
- SEO: We have invested in link building & blogging and other new tactics with the aim of being on page 1 for your own products as well as generic searches.
- PR: We have gained exposure for our stallholders' products in an impressive array of national magazines and newspapers. Publications such as The Mail, The Telegraph, The Times, Homes & Gardens, Fabulous, and Country Life.
- Software: We will continue to invest heavily in software development to give both our shoppers and our 'stallholders' a great online experience.
- Newsletters: We advertise our 'stallholders' latest products to our growing list of customers with attractively designed newsletters. Every newsletter leads directly to sales.
- Competitions: From time to time we run competitions to promote your products to our ever growing audience.
- Insurance: We have secured a group insurance
scheme so you can benefit from a reliable
under-writer at a lower cost.
The deal with us...
What you can expect
- Our superb and easy to navigate admin system with fully comprehensive video tutorials.
- Display and sales of an unlimited number of products.
- Listing on event pages where relevant.
- Our enthusiasm for competition; our agreement does not prevent, restrict or distort competition.
- Low commission rates in comparison to other sites.
We would be grateful to receive your details before forwarding you our up to date schedule and costs so please take a few moments to complete our free registration form.
The 2012 marketplace and predictions for 2013
The Travelling Souk has built a reputation over the past nine years that is second to none; at both our fairs and from our award winning website we sell gifts that we know our customers will want to buy for all occasions. Our focus for 2013 is now on the on-line sales.
2012 saw our online sales grow compared to 2011. Our conversion rate was up and our unique visitors were up 45%. We are doing something right! However, with the challenging outlook for 2013 we realise the need to double our efforts by continuing to publicise our website in all shopping seasons and build its reputation as the quality destination for online shoppers who are looking for design led products. We shall enjoy working with enterprising small businesses who share our enthusiasm for excellence. We aim to increase our sales by a higher margin than we achieved in the last 12 months.
"from a stallholders point of view I have been really happy with The Travelling Souk. It has been so easy and convenient, from the start. The speed in which I was up and running was great and the website is so simple to use from uploading images and descriptions to managing orders. I really like the way the TTS is so proactive in its marketing with its Facebook and Twitter pages to the excellent PR in magazines and email marketing. I feel in short that the hard work is taken from me and I just have to sit back and wait for the orders to come in, which they do! Communication with the team is excellent and they are there whenever I have a question. I have been very happy and look forward to showing my new stock in 2013, as I'm confident The Souk will promote them extremely well"
- Annie Kirby, I have to Have it, 2013
"We have benefitted enormously over the past 5 years from the excellent PR provided by the TS - we have seen it develop and grow into a very stylish and accessible site, from both stallholder and customer point of view."
- Andrea Grinstead, Trade Routes, 2012